Active aging in the Alpine space: the Astahg project
TrentinoSalute4.0, with the Autonomous Province of Trento, is part of the European consortium that aims to develop a transnational and multilevel innovation governance model focused on active aging in the Alpine Space. The initiative, which started in April 2018, and will end in April next year, is called ASTAHG (Alpine Space Transnational Governance of Active and Healthy Aging) and is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund Interreg Alpine Space 2014-2020.
The model that is being developed by the nine European partners, coordinated by the autonomous region of Friuli Venezia Giulia, will take into account the aspects typical of the mountainous areas and their problems (depopulation in particular of young people, limited access to services). Furthermore, it will make it possible to identify areas of specialization for innovative actions in support of active aging: it aims to improve the ability to address regional policies on Active and Healthy Aging and facilitate the transfer of innovation and initiatives into the Alpine Space.
For the coordination and evaluation of regional policies, the ASTAHG project has set up a Transnational Governance Board, which is responsible for evaluating governance practices for the coordination of activities, the implementation of local requirements and impact assessment of the initiatives promoted, as well as of the development of synergies with EUSALP (EU-Strategy for the Alpine Region) and with groups active in the European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing (EIP on AHA). The partners are building a portfolio of good practices and innovations, mapping the policies promoted in the Alpine Space Regions in support of active and healthy aging in all sectors. We wish to promote:
- a common reference framework for the classification of innovation by adopting indicators such as the Active Aging Index for planning new policies and initiatives in this sector;
synergies between stakeholders to encourage the creation of projects in the Regions and especially between the Regions, to support active aging and the well-being of the population in the area.
The EU funding for activities led by the Autonomous Province of Trento amounts to over 100 thousand euros.
9 partners and 20 observers collaborate to increase the innovation level in this sector in the Alpine Space and contribute to the development of the local communities:
- Regione autonoma Friuli Venezia Giulia ITALIA
- Consorzio per l’Area di Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica di Trieste ITALIA
- Provincia Autonoma di Trento ITALIA
- European Centre for Social Welfare Policy and Research / Europäisches Zentrum für Wohlfahrtspolitik und Sozialforschung ÖSTERREICH
- Pôle Services à la Personne Provence-Alpes-Côte-d’Azur FRANCE
- Nacionalni inštitutza javno zdravje SLOVENIJA
- Azienda ULSS. n.1 Dolomiti ITALIA
- Réseau International sur le vieillisssement de Genève (GINA) SVIZZERA
- Universität Salzburg ÖSTERREICH
Below, two images of the project meeting in Marseille (December 4-5, 2019) organized by the PSP partner PACA (Professional network of home care service providers in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d’Azur) during the mid-term meeting of the project:
- December 4: public conference “European midterm conference” entitled “Initiatives and public policies for the active and healthy aging in the Alpine Space”
December 5: Astahg midterm consortium project meeting
Below, the photo of the project meeting organized by the Salzburg partner (PLUS – The Center for Ethics and Poverty Research at University of Salzburg) which was held virtually on June 16, 2020:
More information can be found on the PAT web page (here) and on the project website: https://www.alpine-space.eu/projects/astahg/en/home
Follow its development, we also recommend the LinkedIn and Twitter contacts of the project:
Download the project flyer: flyer-italian-description
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest