KRAKEN project: innovating in personal data protection
Brokerage and market platform for personal data
FBK and TrentinoSalute4.0 participates in the KRAKEN project
City, date – Atos, a global leader in Privacy-preserving, Cybersecurity and Digital Transformation, participates in the KRAKEN project as coordinator. This EU-funded H2020 project, aims to develop a trusted and secure personal data platform with state-of-the-art privacy aware analytics methods, guaranteeing on metadata privacy, including query privacy.
KRAKEN consists of a Consortium with 10 partners from 7 EU countries with different and complementary expertise. The KRAKEN team is integrated by academic and research profiles, industrial and legal profiles, leaders in latest technology and digital privacy.
In this increasingly digital context -where data has become the currency of the 21st century-, the data privacy and protection are assuming a greater importance. The legal changes at European level, that took place during 2019, outline this new paradigm of concern and awareness for the guarantee of data protection, promoting investment in new technology research, that allow citizens to interact safely in our digital society.
Thus, KRAKEN arises with the aims of enabling the sharing, brokerage, and trading of potentially sensitive personal data, by returning the control of this data to citizens -data providers- throughout the entire data lifecycle.
The project is based on three basic pillars:
- self-sovereign identity paradigm, providing a decentralized user-centric access control to personal data;
- a data Marketplace, allowing personal data sharing preserving privacy;
- and a set of analytic techniques based on advance crypto tools, in order to guarantee the data protection
Under these pillars two pilots will be developed in two different sectors:
- Health Pilot: a health and wellness data marketplace for individuals and organisations.
- Education Pilot: protecting academic and personal data by privacy-preserving cryptography.
In this way, KRAKEN (BroKeRage and MArKet platform for pErsoNal data) will standardize different IT solutions thanks to featuring the (privacy-preserving) integration of independently obtained data sources from subjects consenting to different analyses. The project combines, interoperates, and extends the best results from two existing mature computing platforms developed within two H2020 actions: CREDENTIAL and MyHealthMyData.
KRAKEN – Brokerage And Market Platform For Personal Data
Project start Date: December 2019
Duration: 3 years
- ATOS SPAIN SPA (coordinator)
- INFOCERT SPA – IT
- AIT AUSTRIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY GMBH – AT
- TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAET GRAZ – AT
- XLAB RAZVOJ PROGRAMSKE OPREME IN SVETOVANJE DOO – SI
- KATHOLIEKE UNIVERSITEIT LEUVEN – BE
- FONDAZIONE BRUNO KESSLER – IT
- LYNKEUS – IT
- Sujuwa Oy – FI
- STIFTUNG SECURE INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES – AT
Funding type: H2020 – Information and Communication Technologies
Action type: Innovation Action
Budget UE: 5.017.662,50€
Budget FBK: 425.625,00€Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest